Friday, January 7, 2022

The Stupidity Factor

 Before I deleted my Facebook account, I saw this post and knew I needed to save it.  This is so me!

            Even though this made me laugh when I first read it, I soon realized that it’s true!  God put a calling on my life to be in ministry with my husband, to be in music ministry, in radio, and even in comedy.  And when God called me, He called ALL of me…my talents, my personality, my sense of humor, and anything else He would use!  That means, my shortcomings as well.  

My mother never liked me to say the word ‘stupid’ and would get after me when I did.  But in this case, there’s no other way to put it.  We simply do stupid things sometimes!

God knows everything about us, y’all – including the parts of us that mess up on a regular basis.  Like the post says, “…He already factored in” the stupid things we’d do.  Well, that’s a relief, isn’t it?  He knows us better than we know ourselves, and He loves us!  All the parts of us!  That’s the most comforting thing I can say to you today.  

 

2 Corinthians 12:6-10 (NLT)

“If I wanted to boast, I would be no fool in doing so, because I would be telling the truth. But I won’t do it, because I don’t want anyone to give me credit beyond what they can see in my life or hear in my message, even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So, to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.  Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.  Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

  


No comments:

Post a Comment