Sunday, January 16, 2022

Happy Snow Day!

This month, two different weather systems have promised snow, but it never came.  Today, the promised snow is falling and sticking!  Reminds me of the song from the movie "White Christmas" called "Snow."  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G47k6qSKgPw

And THAT reminds me of a family tradition that started when our daughter was just a little girl.  Every time the first snow of winter began to fall, Joe, Hannah, and I would get bundled up and drive to Dairy Queen to have ice cream!  It falls in line with other traditions - the Red Plate - the Vegetable Dance - and a few others that will have to wait for another blog at another time.  Today, our daughter is at home with her husband and their two daughters.  I don't know what traditions they're building for themselves, but I hope somewhere along the line it will involve a trip for ice cream!

Other traditions when it snows?  I cook a beef roast on snow day.  I make a pot of chili the next day.  The next day I make vegetable soup with the leftover roast and broth.  The snow may be gone, but the traditions are always there.  I love traditions!  What are your traditions?  Share them with me in the comments section of this blog posting.  


Always remember: If you have a pulse, you have a purpose.  Make your life count!



No comments:

Post a Comment