Saturday, January 1, 2022

January 1, 2022

Christmas is in the rear-view mirror. We work and plan for that special day and then...poof! It’s gone for another year. And here we are in a new one! As we walk into a new year, a lot of us make New Year’s Resolutions. (I’ve already broken a couple and it's only the first day of the year!)

Making New Year’s Resolutions can force us to look at our past. A lot. Have you ever felt like your past mistakes were following you around…like they define who you are and how your future will be shaped?

God’s word says, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19 (NIV)

Even believers forget and fall into dwelling on the past. The Word of God is a constant stream of renewing power as the Holy Spirit reveals our loving Father's truths about who we really are and what His plans are for us! When we step into that stream...it is easier to get a grip on what God has planned for our lives.

I have the above scripture printed and posted on our bathroom mirror – as a reminder. I’m trying to keep that scripture at the forefront as I've stepped into this new year. I guess I've made this scripture my new year’s resolution!

May God’s richest blessings be yours in the coming year!



And always remember...if you have a pulse, you have a purpose.  Make your life count!

No comments:

Post a Comment