Saturday, May 2, 2015

We're Moving!

We’re moving.

Time to cut the clutter.

Time to downsize.

We did that last time we moved! How could we have accumulated enough stuff to downsize again?!? We’ve given away a lot of things in the last year or so. And there were things I’d been saving for a yard sale some day. That day came today and the sale was succe$$ful! 

Now the quest is for boxes. We’re always on the lookout for good boxes! Jerry Seinfeld has the funniest routines about moving and boxes you can watch here: https://vimeo.com/32983751

According to Seinfeld, caskets are good boxes. They have nice handles to lift with. I guess I can understand that. Joe’s daddy was an undertaker so we’ve seen lots of ‘good boxes’ in our lifetime together...but usually only at the funeral home!

The family business has been a big part of our lives. Because of it, Joe proposed in a cemetery...by asking me if I’d like to be buried in the family plot. I said, “Now?!?!?” Following our honeymoon we opened our wedding gifts in an upstairs storage room at the funeral home. His favorite car is a hearse. And he likes to tell people the hardest thing I had to get used to was sleeping in a bed with a lid on it!


I think it’s kind of funny that I would close this particular blog with the line I use in each blog posting, but I will anyway...
“If you have a pulse, you have a purpose…so make your life count!”

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. moving companies sherman oaks

    ReplyDelete