Friday, March 4, 2022

My Name is I AM

Sometimes I’m overwhelmed over a situation over which I have zero control.  Other times, I’m so confident in all God can do in situations that I surprise myself.  But a lot of times, I don’t even think about Who I serve, Who I sing for, and Who I’ve surrendered my life to.  

Then I read this…written by Helen Mallicoat…and I remember.  I remember that I surrendered my life to him in 1973.  

I remember that I told Him at that time that I would go and do whatever He wanted of me.  Now, 49 years later, you’d think I wouldn’t need a reminder.  But when I read this piece written by a lady named Helen Mallicoat, I know that He is the great ‘I AM.’  Thanks be to God!


 

I was regretting the past and fearing the future…

   Suddenly my Lord was speaking: “My Name is I Am.

                     He paused.

            I waited.


He continued,

    When you live in the past, with its mistakes and regrets,

        It is hard.

            I am not there.


My Name is not “I Was.”

    When you live in the future, with its problems and fears,

        It is hard. 

            I am not there.


My Name is not “I Will Be.”

    When you live in this moment,

        It is not hard.

            I am here.

                My Name is "I Am."


 

No matter our circumstances in the world right now and even in our own homes…God is still The Great I Am!  

“When you live in this moment, it is not hard.  I am here.  My Name is I Am.”

 No matter what is going on in the world today…He is still I AM




If you have a pulse...you have a purpose.  Make your life count! 

No comments:

Post a Comment