Saturday, November 23, 2013

Beth's French Toast

I'm not an expert in the kitchen, but there are a few things that are specialties for me…and French Toast is one of them. I've served this on Christmas Eve morning for many years and I hope you'll enjoy this recipe.


Beth’s French Toast

I use Texas Toast from the bread aisle...not too fresh though, so it holds up. For every cup of eggnog (I use Mayfield) I add two eggs; then I add a ½ teaspoon of vanilla, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, a dash of salt, a dash of nutmeg and 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of oil. (It all mixes up really well if you'll drizzle in the oil slowly as you beat the mixture.)

Pour the mixture in a bowl and start dropping in one slice of Texas Toast at a time so it's wet on both sides, and then transfer to a hot griddle. It’s also HEAVENLY done with day or two old croissants.

I’ve tried adapting it to baking it in a casserole dish, which is great for a crowd.



Remember, if you have a pulse…you have a purpose. Make your life count!

No comments:

Post a Comment