Monday, April 11, 2011

Company is coming...!

There is no better way to get me to clean my house than the knowledge that company will arrive soon! We live in CHAOS...the Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome...a big part of the time. That is sad, because I used to teach organizational seminars. Key words here: used to.

Actually, I practice what I preach/teach, but when life gets a little too busy, which it has been lately...things sort of fall by the wayside.

In the past month, I've:

begun teaching a young lady to sew (she hasn't come back for any more lessons, so I don't know if she hated it or me...or decided it wasn't as fun as she thought it would be or it could be that she's a teenager and has a LIFE!)

led the worship music for three separate weekend retreats

wrote/acted in the comedy sketches for one of those retreats

did my stand-up comedy routine (sitting down) for about 160 ladies at Middlebrook Pike United Methodist Church

been practicing with an awesome director and choir (as a soprano and one of the narrators) for our Easter presentation/cantata which will be presented this weekend (no, it isn't Easter, but that's when we always do it!)

had the wonderful privilege to participate as part of the worship teams at our church every Sunday night and on some Sunday mornings

reorganized my kitchen, switching everything into cupboards on opposite sides of the room (poor hubby is still baffled)

cooked a few meals (key word: few)

kept up with the laundry (clean skivvies!)

bought some new clothes to fit my (hopefully) continually shrinking body because my daughter can't stand to look at me in my baggy jeans (the make-me-feel-skinnier-even-if-they-DO-look-awful-on-me-and-I-wear-them-anyway-when-I'm-not-going-to-see-her jeans)

attended more committee meetings than I wanted to...but ended up being glad I was there for each of them

repaired a couple of knit shirts for my neighbor, did alterations on several prom dresses, a wedding dress, a mother-of-the-bride dress and a couple of pants for a woman (whose legs were way too short for the amount of denim in the legs of those jeans!)

taught a Bible study for my hubby one Wednesday night

spoke to our Junior and Senior Youth about "Mercy & Grace" last Wednesday evening

did all the regular stuff that I do on a day to day basis

and shaved my legs every single day just like i have for the past two years. Okay, shaving my legs isn't that big of a deal, but it is the only new years' resolution I've ever kept in my LIFE!!!

I'm sure I've left out a thing or three...but you get the idea. It is Monday night and company will be arriving on Wednesday. The downstairs is nearly clean and the upstairs rooms will be tackled in the morning. What is funny about all this is the people who will be visiting are the very people who are so easy to have as guests that I really don't have to go to all this fuss. But I am...because I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!

Hope they notice that I've dusted. Last time they were here, they could have written their names in 3-D on my table in the den...



Always remember: if you have a pulse, you have a purpose...make your life count!

No comments:

Post a Comment