Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Surprise!!!


Well, friends...I'll admit to you here and now that I have always loved Kenny Rogers. Back in the sixties when it was "Kenny Rogers & the First Edition" I was an instant fan. His voice and vibrato makes me happy! In 1984, when I did mornings at US-101 FM in Chattanooga, I was supposed to emcee one of his concerts. I was so pumped and I couldn't believe I'd get to do it! Then my program director gave me the date of the concert. The same night my brother-in-law was getting married! I had to sing at the wedding... You don't want to know how I felt about that. Seriously. You. Don't. Want. To. Know.

Thanks to my daughter, I got to meet Kenny when he was rehearsing for a halftime show with the University of Tennessee's Pride of the Southland Marching Band. I have a picture of Hannah, Kenny and me to prove that we met, but I can't find it. He looked like he was surprised to meet me...but I'm getting ahead of my story...

Last night, I couldn't breathe, hence I couldn't get to sleep. Plus this time change thing always messes me up. You don't want to know how I feel about that either. I was watching "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" and was pleasantly surprised when he introduced Kenny Rogers as his guest! Well, Kenny strode out onto the stage, looking fit and topped off with that beautiful white hair. Then I got a look at his face. Yep. It was still there...that surprised look his eyebrows still have YEARS after his plastic surgery.

I have a few friends who needed to have their eyes 'worked on' because the eyelids were drooping enough to hinder their eyesight. One friend actually had her eyelashes starting to become ingrown because of the weight of her eyelids covering her lashes!!! I totally understand why people have to have this done. I may have to someday myself. And I'm ready to look surprised for a while, like my friends all looked shortly after their surgeries. But........hello? Kenny STILL looks that way!

I wonder if he ever has a problem with blinking? Can he completely close his eyes? What expression does he show when he really is surprised?!?

Those ponderings lead me to other questions that I would like answered:

Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?

If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?




Remember that if you have a pulse, you have a purpose...so make your life count!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered by we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. Go figure :)

    ReplyDelete